The Management Committee of Foundry College works proactively to support and challenge the Headteacher and the Leadership Team to raise standards and outcomes for young people. The Management Committee, chaired by Suzanne Richards, has two sub-committees:
Resources Committee, Interim Chair: Sharon Finn
This committee will ensure:
- that policies for all areas of Staffing and Finance; Health and Safety and Premises are put into practice, reviewed and revised as necessary.
- that statutory requirements are met with regards to staffing with the College, e.g. an agreed staffing structure
- that the College is meeting its annual College Improvement Plan (CIP) objectives in relation to staff and finance, Health and Safety and facilities
- the monitoring of monthly expenditure at each Resources Committee meeting
- the agreement and implementation of a pay policy & an appraisal policy
- the establishment and implementation of staff disciplinary / capability procedures
- the support of the Head teacher in the review of, and implementation of HR processes as required
- the monitoring of the performance review procedure for teaching and non-teaching staff
- that professional development and training records are kept up to date
Please click here to see the Terms of Reference for the Resources Committee.
Teaching and Learning Committee, Chair: Jim Mathieson
This committee will ensure:
- that policies for all areas of learning are put into practice, reviewed and revised as necessary, including the suite of Safeguarding policies.
- that statutory requirements are met for curriculum, pupil welfare and inclusion in relation to SEN; Gifted and Talented; Disability; Ethnicity and Safeguarding
- that the College is meeting its annual College Improvement Plan (CIP) objectives in relation to curriculum and pupils; maintaining or improving curriculum and pupil standards; safeguarding; attendance and behaviour
- the monitoring of standards of teaching
- the monitoring of pupil attendance, punctuality, progress and outcomes
- the monitoring and review of exclusion and pupil behaviour
- the monitoring and review of the information related to college performance
- the monitoring of the quality of teaching and learning of alternative providers
- the monitoring of the impact of support packages delivered including teaching and learning
- the monitoring of the effectiveness of transitions for pupils and their families
- the monitoring of the safeguarding provision of partner organisations
- the monitoring of the use of physical restraint
Please click here to see the Terms of Reference for the Teaching and Learning Committee.
All Chairs can be contacted via Foundry College on 0118 334 1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“You care deeply about the pupils and are determined to make sure that your school provides the nurturing environment that they need.”
“Pupils are happy at your school, they say that there is always someone to talk to and that their views are valued. Parents and carers praise the improvements in their children’s behaviour and attitudes to learning.”
“You and your team are acutely aware of the importance of ensuring that every pupil is safeguarded from harm.”